Each plant prefers "its" soil. However, in the summer cottage you want to grow different flowers. Therefore, in order for them to grow well and bloom beautifully, it is necessary to fulfill the basic requirements of agricultural engineering. When growing gladioli, one of the important points is to feed these luxurious flowers.
The vegetation period in gladioli is long. At this time, they constantly consume the necessary nutrients from the soil and ambient air. To gladiolus did not need certain components, growers conduct regular feeding.Tip! It is necessary to take into account that it is necessary to feed gladiolus with different fertilizers and at a certain time.
For growth and long-term flowering, gladioli need:
- Nitrogen. It is made at the initial stage of flower development. However, the dose must be controlled. An element deficiency will lead to poor foliage development with a pale color. Overdose is also undesirable. It is possible the development of fungal diseases, delayed flowering.
- Phosphorus. More needed flowers than leaves. Therefore, the optimal time for phosphate dressing is the appearance of the 5th leaf and the beginning of budding.
- Potassium. Required to increase cold resistance and disease resistance. Well influences a metabolism, it is brought at the time of budding and flowering of plants.
What to feed gladiolus to provide them with essential nutrients. You can feed with organic and mineral fertilizers, which will provide flowers with all useful components.
Types of mineral fertilizers for gladiolus nutrition
It is best to buy formulations in special stores where you can get answers to all your questions. Mineral fertilizers for gladioli are divided into:
- Single-component, which contain one nutrient for gladioli. These include nitrogen (in the list - urea, sodium nitrate, ammonium sulfate), phosphate (of which - simple and double superphosphate, bone meal), potash (the best - sulfate, chloride and potassium carbonate) fertilizers.
- Complex They contain two components. Potassium nitrate and potassium magnesia are well suited for gladioli.
- Complete, containing three elements - nitrophoska, nitroammofoska.
In dressings it is recommended to use liquid complex compounds.Important! Prepare top dressing composition with a concentration not exceeding 2 g per bucket of water.
Organic fertilizer for flowers
The most common and accessible for flower growers are:
- Composts Laid down by summer residents on their own. Excellently nourish and enrich the soil.
- Dead manure Feeding gladiolus fresh manure is strictly prohibited. It contains pathogenic bacteria and fungal infections, which will lead to flower diseases.
- Chicken litter. As well as manure, only the infusion of the litter is used and in diluted form. It is advisable not to use other types of litter.
Organic fertilizers (manure, manure) must be diluted with water (1: 1) and insisted for at least 10 days. And then the infusion is again diluted with water to a ratio of 1:20, if chicken droppings are taken and 1:10 in the case of mullein.
Approximate plan for fertilizing gladioli at the site
At the beginning of plant growth, it is necessary to make the first feeding - nitrogenous. It is useful in the phase when there are 3 true leaves on the plants. More favorable nitrogen fertilization of gladioli sodium or potassium nitrate. For one square meter of the area, 25 g of nitrogen fertilizer, 15 g of potash fertilizer, 35 g of superphosphate are added. For areas with soil rich in organics, the rate of nitrogen is halved.
With success, mineral fertilizers are replaced by an infusion of chicken manure or mullein. To prepare the solution, potassium permanganate (1 g) and superphosphate (30 g) are added to the infusion bucket.
Another option is an infusion of cut grass + 50 g of wood ash in a bucket of water.
For the second time (5-6 leaves), gladioli are fed with a complex composition of ready-made mixtures from garden stores or infusions of organic fertilizers.
The third time is carried out dressing at the time of formation of peduncles. Now potassium and phosphorus are needed for good flowering and the formation of high-quality bulbs. The composition of 35 g of superphosphate and 15 g of potassium chloride per square meter works well.
All mineral components are applied in liquid form to ensure easy access of the roots to the diet. To increase the efficiency of feeding you can divide the dose into two parts. Make them necessary for two times with an interval of 7 days.Important! After the liquid dressing, the plants are watered.
Gladiolus responds very well to foliar feeding. So, they call the method of making nutrients through spraying the leaves. For foliar fertilizing use potassium permanganate, boric acid. Frequency - 3 times in the summer.
Before the phase of budding sprayed with the composition - 0.2 g of boric acid, 0.15 g of copper sulphate, 0.2 g of cobalt nitrate, 0.1 g of sulfuric zinc. All components are diluted in 1 liter of water and spend foliar feeding.
Separately, you can spray a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
In order to carry out top-dressing with high quality, sprayers with nozzles are used. It is necessary to ensure that the solution gets on both sides of the sheet. It is good to add adhesives to the solution, which can be purchased at garden stores.
Gladioli require constant attention. But, if you correctly carry out the feeding of plants, the luxurious inflorescences will delight the entire season.