The tomato The Ural giant is a variety of a new generation, bred by Russian scientists. The variety will suit gardeners who love to grow huge fruits, with tasty and fragrant pulp. The tomato is not whimsical in care and will suit even a novice gardener. Before planting, you must read the description and learn all the advantages and disadvantages. Subject to the rules, the result will exceed all expectations.
Detailed description of the variety
Tomato Ural giant is an indeterminant variety (during the vegetative period the plant does not stop growing).
The plant is tall, reaches a height of 1.5-2 m, therefore, in order to avoid breaking or bending of the bush, high-quality support is necessary. Middle tomato The Ural giant forms a powerful shrub densely covered with dark green foliage. A powerful stem accelerates upwards, each time creating new brushes.
The first flower brush appears under the 9th leaf, 100 days after the germination. To get a good harvest, the plant needs help with pollination. To do this, attract insects, often ventilate the greenhouse or carry out pollination by hand.Tip! For long and rich fruiting, the Ural giant tomato is formed into 2 stems.
Tomato varieties Ural giant grows well in greenhouses and greenhouses in the Urals, Altai, Siberia, the North-West and the Moscow region. In the open sun, the variety is grown in the southern regions and post-Soviet countries.
Brief description and taste of fruits
The tomato the Ural giant is deduced for cultivation both on open beds, and under film shelter. Variety combines 4 species. They are distinguished by color. They are red, pink, yellow and orange. Each type has its own taste, aroma, positive and negative qualities:
- the red giant is rich in lycopene;
- in pink - the flesh is the sweetest;
- yellow - has an unusual taste;
- orange - contains vitamin A.
Despite the color, tomatoes with the right care grow large, weighing up to 900 g. Rounded-flattened multichamber tomatoes, contain a small amount of medium seeds. The thin skin protects juicy, sweet pulp during transportation.
Tomatoes Ural giant used fresh, for the preparation of salads, ketchup, adzhika, cold sauces and juice. You can also cook tomato paste, colorful lecho and cook slices under jelly marinade.
The tomato The Ural giant is a high-yielding variety, with proper care from 1 square meter. m can collect 15 kg and above. High yield due to the fact that on each hand a plant produces 3-5 large fruits. As a rule, the first harvest taken grows much larger than the subsequent fruit. If the task is to grow giant tomatoes, it is necessary to thin out the floral brushes once every 7 days.
Yield is influenced not only by the characteristics of the variety, but also by climatic conditions, the region of growth and compliance with the rules of care.
Tomatoes varieties Ural giant - moderately resistant to diseases. Often a tomato bush strike:
- late blight - leaves and fruits are covered with dark brown spots;
- brown spot - on the outer side of the leaf there appear round spots of yellow color, on the inner side a brown velvety patina forms;
- fruit cracking - the defect of the fruit is due to irregular watering;
- macroporioz - brown spots are formed on the leaf plate, trunk and cuttings.
To protect the tomato, the Ural Giant from unexpected guests must observe preventive measures:
- observe crop rotation;
- carry out autumn digging area;
- before planting the crop, spill the soil with boiling water or a solution of potassium permanganate;
- grow seedlings from proven seeds that have passed the stage of disinfection.
Pros and cons varieties
Tomato Ural giant has its positive and negative sides. The advantages include:
- high yield;
- a large mass of fruits;
- the variety is resistant to sudden temperature changes;
- good taste and rich aroma;
- Tomatoes are high in vitamin and trace elements.
The disadvantages of many gardeners include the inability to maintain integrity during long-term transportation, instability to diseases and garter to the support.
Planting and Care Rules
The growth and development of the future bush depend on properly grown and planted seedlings. Under certain conditions on the gardener's side, the Ural giant will thank the tomato with large, sweet and fragrant fruits.
Sowing seeds for seedlings
To grow a full-fledged seedlings, it is necessary to create optimal conditions for seedlings:
- additional lighting;
- maintaining high humidity;
- for good development, the temperature in the room should be + 18-23 ° С during the day, + 10-14 ° С at night.
To grow healthy, strong tomatoes that will bring a rich harvest, you need to listen to the advice of experienced gardeners:
- Seeds before sowing are disinfected. To do this, seed can be soaked for 10 minutes in a weak solution of potassium permanganate, in 0.5% soda solution, in aloe juice or in the preparation "Fitosporin".
- Prepare the soil. It can be purchased at the store, and you can mix it yourself (sod land, peat and humus are taken in equal proportions, they add mineral fertilizers and mix thoroughly).
- Plastic cups with a volume of 0.5 ml or 10 cm high boxes filled with nutritious primer and spilled with boiling water or a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- Seeds are sown to a depth of 1 cm, sprinkled with earth and covered with polyethylene or glass to maintain a favorable microclimate.
- For rapid germination, the temperature should be within + 25 ° C, so the container is removed to the warmest place.
- Before the appearance of germs, no irrigation is carried out, since the condensate accumulated on the film will be sufficient for irrigation.
- After 2-3 days, when sprouts appear, the shelter is removed, and the container is moved to a well-lit place. With a short daylight seedlings need to be illuminated. The first 2-3 days highlight the seedlings around the clock, then the total duration of the day should be at least 15 hours.
- When growing seedlings should not allow the drying of the upper layer. If necessary, young sprouts are irrigated in the morning or evening with warm, settled water.
- The first feeding is carried out a month after the emergence of sprouts. Fertilizers based on humus will be suitable for this. When feeding, you must strictly follow the instructions.
- With the appearance of 2-3 true leaves, seedlings dive. For this, the seedlings growing in the boxes are transplanted into 0.2 l cups. A month later, you can hold a second picking in a container with a volume of at least 500 ml. When sowing seeds in separate cups, pickling is carried out immediately in a 0.5 liter container.
- At the age of 45 days, tomatoes are prepared for transplanting to a permanent place. 2 weeks before planting, the seedlings are hardened, daily increasing the duration of their stay in the fresh air.
Good tomato seedlings should have a strong stem, large leaves, a well-developed root system and formed buds.
Ural giant planted in cloudy, cool, windless weather. In the prepared, spilled holes, tall tomatoes of the Ural giant variety are planted at an acute angle or in the prone position. Over time, the buried stem will increase the root system, which will help the plant to form a large number of fruits. After planting, tomatoes are shed with warm distilled water, the ground is mulched. To the plants received a sufficient amount of sunlight per 1 square. m planted 3-4 bush.
From the correct and timely care depends on the quantity, quality and size of tomatoes. There are 10 commandments for the care that must be fulfilled by responsible gardeners who grow a tomato. The Ural giant:
- Watering and dressing is carried out 12 days after planting. Further, under each bush shed at least 2 liters of warm distilled water. Top dressing is carried out 3 times per season: during active growth and growth of the root system, during the formation of 2 brushes and during the ripening of the first tomatoes.
- It is necessary to form a plant in 2 stalks. To do this, leave the stepson, formed under the first flower brush. All other stepchildren are cleaned every week until they overgrown 3 cm. For quick healing, the wounds are done on a sunny day.
- If terry flowers appear on the ovaries, they are mercilessly removed, as ugly fruits appear from them. Also, these flowers take away a lot of power from the plant, and it is suspended in development.
- During the ripening of the fruit cluster, the lower leaves are removed, but not more than 3 per week.
- If desired, you can thin out the floral brush. As with a smaller number of fruits, their mass increases significantly.
- Since the tomato Ural giant grows up to 2 m, it must be tied to a strong trellis. When the garter is tied, the stem is twisted clockwise so that the thread does not interfere with the plant during the turn after the sun.
- Heavy brushes and large tomatoes are tied up separately, so that under the weight of the plant does not bend or break.
- If the weather is hot, the tomatoes are pollinated by hand. To do this, 2-3 times a day, the bush is slightly shaken. Such work is carried out from 8 to 11 o'clock in the morning, because at this time the pollen of the flower is well poured out on the pistil.
- Although the tomato is a Ural giant resistant to cracking, it is necessary to carry out timely watering a few hours before sunset.
- In the autumn ripen those tomatoes, which managed to start up on August 1. Therefore, in August, all flower brushes are removed, and the top is pinched, leaving 2 sheets over the last fruit. To ripen the tomatoes faster, feed the bush with potash-phosphorus fertilizers, and reduce watering.
Tomato The Ural giant is one of the leaders among tall varieties. He received great popularity for high yield, resistance to rapid temperature changes and good taste. Despite the shortcomings, the variety is grown in regions with an unstable climate, and in cities with hot and dry summers.