Bulgarian orange pepper needs no introduction. Few who may not know about this wonderful source of vitamins, nutrients and good mood. It is beautiful and bright orange fruit create a rainbow mood on a garden bed or a dining table.
In modern vegetable farming, you can find peppers of different colors - green, yellow, orange, red, purple, white. One should not think that its color directly depends on the degree of maturity. Green peppers will not necessarily turn red or orange during storage. But pepper of any variety and color in its unripe form is green in color. Color depends on the grade.
Why you need to pay attention to the color of the fruits of pepper? Each pepper contains a lot of nutrients and minerals needed by our body, as well as capsaicin. This is an alkaloid, which gives a peculiar taste to the peppers and has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract. But red still has a high content of ascorbine and vitamin A. Yellow or orange leads in terms of rutin, potassium, phosphorus, which is an excellent opportunity to strengthen and maintain the elasticity of blood vessels. Green (and unripe too) is considered, according to scientists, a good remedy for tumor manifestations. Orange peppers remain very attractive to many gardeners. How to correctly and accurately determine the desired grade?
Variety selection is a matter of responsibility.
Sweet pepper - an annual plant. After harvesting, you should immediately think about the next season and try to find the most optimal type of orange pepper. When choosing a variety, you should consider some important indicators on which the result depends. First you have to remember that this culture is divided by:
- Gestation period. The main categories are superearly, early, mid-early, middle-late and late. The ripening period of orange pepper is quite long, so many gardeners are trying to grow early or super early variety in their plots. This is due to the fact that in many regions the duration of the warm season is limited, and the beloved vegetable does not have time to achieve its full ripeness. Therefore, all varieties of peppers are grown in a seedling way, preparing themselves planting material in advance. But later varieties of orange pepper can be easily transplanted into pots at the end of the season and continue to grow at home. In this case, fresh peppers will eat up to the middle of winter. Experienced gardeners at the same time planted varieties with different maturity. When the early orange pepper ceases to bear fruit, it is time for later varieties. All season you can not worry about where to get fresh healthy vegetables.
- Growing conditions. Here you can choose two options - open ground or greenhouse. Not every variety that bears excellent fruit under a film cover will give an equally rich harvest in the open. The main thing is to provide orange pepper with the desired temperature, a sufficient amount of light and proper watering. Therefore, taking into account the experience and conditions of the site, it is better to stop your attention on a certain variety that will fulfill all the requirements. Information is desirable to read on the packaging of seeds. The best varieties are always the most sought after.
- The appearance and size of the bush. The first indicator relates to aesthetic requirements, and the second will have to be considered in order to correctly calculate the landing pattern at the site. This is very important for small areas or at low film cover. Here you will have to prefer low-growing varieties of orange pepper.
- Resistance to diseases. Modern breeders derive certain varieties and hybrids of orange pepper, which exhibit a high degree of resistance to disease. This saves considerable time and money. After all, do not have to spend extra chemical processing.
Using these criteria, you can easily choose a variety of orange pepper, which is suitable for a region with certain light conditions, climate, soil composition.
How to grow a good harvest
Orange peppers - the culture of demanding air temperature, therefore, are considered to be large sissies. If it becomes much cooler at night, then additional heating (for seedlings) or film cover in open ground is required. Another requirement relates to soil moisture and air. Neither can overdry. For seedlings orange peppers, before disembarking for permanent residence, it is best to conduct hardening. In regions with a cool climate before June, young plants planted in open ground is generally not recommended.
To circumvent the need for planting plants - use single cups (large size) or pots. This will protect the root system from excessive injury. The soil is also prepared before sowing seeds. In the adult plant, part of the stepsons is removed, which allows the remaining peppers to reach full maturity. For varieties of large-fruited peppers, it is necessary to clearly maintain the feedings scheme in order to obtain the desired result. What kind of fertilizer loves pepper, it is better to learn in the specialized literature. And be sure to light, water and care.
Orange pepper, the fruits of which ripen early, is very popular among fans of this culture. Bright coloring of fruits, thick juicy walls, big harvest - make growing such a handsome man a very pleasant thing.
What orange varieties ripen early
To get bright orange fruit early enough, you should pay attention to the early ripe varieties of sweet pepper. After all, if the orange pepper does not reach its biological ripeness, its color will be completely different. Among the many wonderful species, gardeners prefer to grow certain best varieties. Most popular early grades:
"Orange F1 Miracle"
The most popular orange sweet pepper of the Dutch selection. Differs in very beautiful saturated color of fruits - bright orange. Treats the early ripe hybrids capable to give a harvest in 95 days. The bush is average, it can reach a height of up to 100 cm. Peppers on bushes ripen large (up to 250 g), cubical and very tasty. The pulp attracts with its tenderness and softness, although the wall thickness is decent - 7mm. When complying with agricultural technology yields up to 15 kg from 1 square. m. It grows well in the greenhouse and in the open field, which makes the variety very popular. Bred with a high degree of disease resistance. You can sow seeds at the end of February. When the temperature drops - cover shoots. Demanding nutrition and watering, because it belongs to the varieties of large pepper. It has an excellent and attractive presentation, well transported.
"Orange F1 Delight"
Hybrid ripening with a low compact bush and small fruits. Suitable for growing indoors - greenhouses, pots and patios. Beautiful variety with thick-walled (up to 8 mm) peppers. During the period of maturation changes color from light green to dark orange. Peppercorns have great taste both fresh and after canning. Grow up to a weight of 150-180 g per 100 days. At the same time on the bush can grow 16-18 fruits. Features grade:
- high yield - at least 10 kg / m2 in the greenhouse, in the extended mode, 16 kg / m2;
- pleasant taste, independent of processing and tender skin;
- excellent presentation;
- high content of vitamins, fiber, antioxidants.
Sowing seeds carried out in early March. The seedling is ready for transplanting to a permanent place of residence after 70 days. Planted under the scheme 50h35 or in separate vases.Important! When the first florets appear, fertilize regularly. A light spraying of flowers with water at a comfortable temperature will lead to a better formation of fruits.
"Orange Beauty F1"
Early ripe sunny pepper hybrid. A standard bush that does not require formation, reaching a height of 1 m. Ripe peppers are ready for harvest only 90 days after the first shoots appear. Fruits are large, more than 210 g, cuboid (or cuboid-prism-like), with a thick wall. Peppers have a great juiciness and sweet taste. The main benefit is the high content of ß-carotene. Benefits:
- endurance to verticillary wilt;
- high yield - up to 9.5 kg / m2;
- suitable for any soil.
In order for plants not to shade each other, it is necessary to maintain planting density. On 1 square. m should be no more than 7 bushes.
"Orange Wander F1"
Another beautiful orange sweet pepper varieties with early fruiting. The height of the bush - 1 m, technical ripeness occurs in 105 days. At this time, the fruit is green, and then acquire a bright orange sunny color. The mass of one pepper reaches 250 g, therefore, "Orange Wander F1" refers to large-fruited varieties with a thick wall (up to 1 cm). Seeds germinate relatively quickly, which also distinguishes it from other hybrids. While maintaining the optimum temperature, full germination is observed after 2 weeks. Fruits well in greenhouses at a planting density of 3 plants per 1 square meter. m of soil. Under favorable conditions, yields a yield of up to 15 kg per square meter.
"Orange F1 Bull"
This wonderful Bulgarian pepper belongs to the mid-term ripening. A hybrid variety with a lot of advantages is very much like gardeners. Among the clear advantages of the Orange Bull are worth noting:
- High yield. This gives you a sufficient amount of orange fruit in a small area.
- Large fruit. Quite massive peppers (over 200 g, sometimes up to 400 g) have an elongated shape, which also attracts lovers of orange vegetables. The wall of the fetus reaches 8 mm in thickness.
- Disease resistance. The ability of the hybrid to withstand viruses of tobacco mosaic and potatoes, allows you to grow a good crop without any problems.
- Suitable for any soil. If there is no opportunity to equip a greenhouse, then grow a hybrid in the open air will turn out just as good. Under the film shelter can increase the period of fruiting.
Seeds before sowing better germinate. They are sown in seedling tanks with a seeding depth of 0.5 cm. After an acceptable air temperature is established, orange peppers are planted in a permanent place of residence.
Use large peppers in any form. Only when canning sometimes it is necessary to cut large peppers that do not fit into glass containers.
Orange mini pepper. Fruits grow small, only up to 30 g in weight and 5 cm in size, but this does not make the variety less attractive. On the contrary, the ability to grow this orange pepper in any conditions makes it universal for lovers of solar coloring. Such beauty can be planted in an original pot, on a window sill in a beautiful flowerpot, in a greenhouse, among plants in the open air. Everywhere he will give a unique charm, beautify any area. Bushes are small, up to half a meter in height, but completely covered with peppers. They look great in jars, in salads and at the dinner table. Agrotechnical cultivation is classic for orange peppers, only seeds are recommended to be germinated before sowing.
"Orange mini F1"
Another attractive hybrid of mini peppers. Small (35 g), fleshy and dense, very beautiful and useful. The content of vitamin C and sugars is very high. The bushes are small, but completely covered with bright peppers, which create an unusual design against the background of green foliage. It grows in any soils and on the windowsill too. Orange pepper seeds are germinated, then sown in seedlings. After 2 weeks, shoots will appear and, with good care, the seedlings will be strong and healthy. Special conditions for obtaining a good harvest are not required, the main factors are watering, light, heat and nutrition. If it is possible to provide a fertile and nutritious soil, then a mini-pepper will fully satisfy your need for fresh fruit. Great for summer meals and canning.
In addition to the considered types of orange pepper, one should pay attention to such names as “Golden Lantern”, “Giant Orange”, “Orange Lion F1”, “Orange King”, “Orange Prince”, “Orange Mango”, “Orange Jubilee”, "Orange", "Apricot favorite", "Perun". Each of these peppers has its own peculiarity, and even the most demanding gardeners will have to go to court. The best varieties of orange pepper will forever be loved and festive.
Video for novice gardeners: